Africa-Press – Zimbabwe. Acting President Constantino Chiwenga has extended the COVID-19-induced lockdown by a further two weeks. Vice President Chiwenga who doubles as the Minister of Health urged members of the public to keep taking preventive measures to curb the spread of the virus. Pindula News presents a statement by his office:
The Acting President, Hon General (Retd) Dr C.G.D.N. Chlwertga has extended the Covid-19 National lockdown by a further two weeks wet the following measures in place:
1. Schools be given at least one week after the next two-weeks lockdown extension, to put preventive public health measures in place before the commencement of the general school calendar depending on the prevailing Coved-19 situation at that time;
2. Teachers and students will be required to wear face masks while in class;
3. All eligible teachers and students are encouraged to be vaccinated for Covid- 19 before the opening of schools;
4. Enforcement officers are encouraged to conduct regular assessments of compliance in learning institutions, at least on a weekly basis;
5. The provincial task-force teams are exhorted to strengthen their efforts of mobilizing all those eligible to get vaccinated;
6. Members of the public are encouraged to wear face masks, sanitize, wash hands with soap and avoid crowds and gatherings, especially when not wearing face masks while having meals and drinks.