Worker Shot At Mugabe’s Home In Johannesburg

0
Worker Shot At Mugabe’s Home In Johannesburg
Worker Shot At Mugabe’s Home In Johannesburg

Africa-Press – Zimbabwe. The late former President Robert Mugabe’s son, believed to be Bellarmine Chatunga Mugabe, and another unnamed person were taken in for questioning by police in South Africa on Thursday following a shooting at the Mugabe family home in Hyde Park, Johannesburg, in which a worker was injured.

Speaking outside the property, Gauteng provincial police spokesperson Colonel Dimakatso Nevhuhulwi said a dog unit had been deployed inside the house to search for a firearm reportedly used in the incident.

Police have so far recovered a cartridge, which will form part of the ongoing investigation.

The injured worker, thought to be a gardener, was taken to the hospital and is reported to be in a critical condition.

Col Nevhuhulwi added that the two occupants were cooperating with police. An attempted murder case has been opened and is under investigation. She said:

“The police will be investigating a case of attempted murder after a 23-year-old man was shot today, 19 February 2026, at Hydepark.

“According to information at hand, the victim is an employee at this residence and has been taken to the hospital.

“The K9 unit, Bramley station detectives and Forensic Crime Scene Management are processing the scene, and two men aged 28 and 33 years have been taken in for questioning.

“The motive of the shooting is unknown at this stage, and police investigations are underway.”

For More News And Analysis About Zimbabwe Follow Africa-Press

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here