Africa-Press – Gambia. Technological prowess and innovation were on full display at the Africa Tech Festival Awards 2023, which unfolded in spectacular fashion at the prestigious Bay Hotel in Camps Bay, Cape Town on Wednesday night.
The gala event, honoured companies, individuals and initiatives that have demonstrated excellence, and a commitment to pushing the boundaries of what is possible with technology in Africa.
In summing up the Awards for 2023, James Williams, Senior Event Director, Events | Connecting Africa | Informa Tech remarked that: “This year, more than ever, the standard of innovation and commitment to improving the lives of Africans and building an inclusive ecosystem for sovereign and cross-continental sustainability, has been impressive.”
Top honours for 2023 went to (please see editor notes for more detail):
· Connectivity For All Award – Avanti Communications
· Innovation for Impact Award- MTN Uganda
· CXO of the Year Award – Ahmed Yusef, CEO, Hormuud Telecom
· Changing Lives Award- Vodacom Foundation DRC
· Female Innovator of the Year Award – Néné Maïga, CEO, Orange Botswana
· Sustainability Champion of the Year Award – South Africa MTN & Huawei
· Fintech Innovation of the Year Award – Mukuru
· Start-Up of the Year Award – Botlhale AI Solutions
· HealthTech Innovation of the Year Award – HealthX Africa
· NEW CATEGORY FOR 2023: Creative Visionary Award – Khutso Theledi.
Summing up what has been an exceptional festival to date and truly a night to remember, Williams said: “These awards showcase the dynamic and entrepreneurial spirit that defines Africa’s tech ecosystem and the excellence and acumen of the individuals and organisations driving digital disruption. Congratulations to all our winners, the nominees and to everyone involved.”
Africa Tech Festival continues on Thursday 16th November with yet more incredible content including the exciting AfricaIgnite Pitch Competition, which will see one lucky winner make their way to the USA to battle it out for USD 1 million investment in the final of the Pegasus Start-Up World Cup.