Erongo governor lashes out at chancers – The Namibian

13
Erongo governor lashes out at chancers - The Namibian
Erongo governor lashes out at chancers - The Namibian

Africa-PressNamibia. ERONGO regional governor Neville Andre on Thursday lashed out at contractors who do not honour their obligations.

Speaking at an education press conference that took place at Swakopmund, the governor said projects at some schools had not been completed and will affect the new academic year negatively. He said the contractors involved will not get any more government work.“There are some contractors who take chances that we will deal with seriously. People were given the sites to work on, but were not seen at the site since then. We are starting with the new academic year very soon, and they now want to be paid for doing nothing. “We will ensure that such companies will not get any contracts in future, especially in Erongo region. We will take down their profiles and ensure that the Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Education or any other ministry does not consider them,” he said.The governor said while good progress reports were regularly received, the situation was different when he visited the Otjiperengo Junior secondary, !Oe#Gab Primary and Katora Primary schools with education officials last week.He however said repairs and replacement of kitchen equipment at nine hostels, renovations of ablution facilities at 18 schools and construction of large ablution facilities at 24 schools are either under way or had already been completed. Most of the 56 school projects in the region had been completed, while others are nearing completion.The governor commended those honest contractors that are working hard to meet the deadline at some schools.The Education ministry plans to construct 16 classrooms at various schools in the region for 2021, he said.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here